Nor had it occurred to me until two days later, that, unlike all the other rooms, the bathroom in my apartment has this very same type of dropped tile ceiling.
Until I came home and found a footprint on my toilet. A footprint that was not mine.
| Home invader beware: Your footprint has now been published on the internet. |
Luckily, there was no other disruption and nothing was missing. I discerned from the unbearable noise that awoke me the next morning that major renovation was underway in the neighboring apartment. I'm assuming someone crawled into and/or out from my bathroom to mess with pipes or ducts or something of the sort.
When I walked in the bathroom to take a shower after returning from the gym I looked up and noticed several tiles were slightly ajar and I could hear every word of conversation that seemed to be taking place only a few inches away. Of course I couldn't understand it since it was in bahasa. However when a screw or nail was dropped, I could hear it roll.
I pondered various options.
I could drag in one of my dining chairs so I could stand on it and position the tiles fully back in place.
Nope, the chair wouldn't fit in the sliding shower door.
I could try to text my boss this entire story so I had an excuse to just go back to bed.
Nope, have an important meeting.
I could go to work without showering.
Nope, 30 intense minutes on the treadmill means I don't smell very pretty.
I could just not give a shit and take my shower like usual.
Ding, ding, ding. That's the winner.
If you ever come across my pic on a voyeur website, please do let me know.
The tiles are still ajar.
| What are the odds someone's looking down? I decided I don't particularly care. |