A

Adventures, musings, and scenes from a year spent working in Southeast Asia

January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Unfortunately I am a slacker and failed to take pics of any of the beautiful Chinese New Year decorations that were posted everywhere.  So you are stuck with the one below, from the window of Gap Kids, that someone else took.

Chinese New Year is a wonderful thing because it gives you a fresh chance to start doing the resolutions you set back on Jan 1 but haven't gotten to yet.

In order to help hold myself accountable, I'm going to share just a few of my resolutions for the year here.  Most of which haven't actually yet gotten off the ground:

  • Exercise 6 days a week
  • Learn basic bahasa indonesia
  • Go on a major bike tour
  • Do at least one significant trip a month
  • Cook more (I'll spare you the detailed metrics)
  • Trek in Nepal
  • Try at least one new thing each week
  • Learn to swim laps in a pool
  • Visit at least 8 new places in Indonesia before I leave
  • Be a conduit of positive energy 
New Year, take two.